Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits?

I am enrolled at my local community college for a total of 17 units or credit hours for this fall semester. 6 of these units are on campus and the remaining 11 units are online courses (through the same college). I was contacted by my college's VA Rep stating that I am not eligible for the monthly housing allowance. The reasoning behind it is that the 11 units online are considered distance learning and are not payable under the new bill. That leaves the remaining 6 units on campus courses. By only accounting for the 6 units on campus I am not attending full-time so I am once again not eligible for the monthly allowance. Does anyone have any further information? I have searched everywhere but I'm unable to find concrete info. If you respond please try to include your source so I can use it whenever I speak with my school. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment