Saturday, August 13, 2011

What can be done about a 9 year old boy that hurt a 9 year old girl because he was mad?

This boy admitted to the coach that he pushed my 9 year old granddaughter into a cement wall because he "lost it" and the school did punish him by paddling him and because of Alabama's laws that is all they can do. I am not blaming the school their hands are tied when it comes to what they can and cannot do. It made an egg size knot on her head that hurt her all last night. My granddaughter has suffered headaches in the past before this and I have had a CAT scan done on her head because I was worried about them. This has really upset me, is there anything else I can do, like turning him into the Juvenile Officer? What will this boy do when he gets older and "loses it"? Sometimes I feel like taking her out of the public school system and home schooling and would if I weren'57 years old. I am from the old school when you got punished you REALLY were punished and knew it, but in todays world it is so different. It would have been nice if the parents would have called and apolozied to me, but I guess they are in that generation that let their children do as they want or do as they see.

No comments:

Post a Comment