Friday, August 12, 2011

What can I do / What should I do?

First of all , please dont answer with a smarmy remark or a joke , this is serious , I am 45 yrs old and married for 20 yrs , I know my husband and I are both alcoholics and we have both suffered alot of heartache because of that losing family , children and friends due to our addiction, we dont drink everyday , in fact we have a nice home , both of us are supervisors in our jobs and hardly ever miss work , we have 2 cars , a motorcycle and a camper , however when we drink which is at least 2- 4 times a week we get really really drunk , sometimes it has gotten violent , the cops know our address by heart, etc , fact is , I want to quit , I want to get help , but I will be walking away from a great job and possibly my 20+ year marriage , should I do this ? and how do I convince myself that this is the right thing to do . I want to enjoy life without the booze but all my baggage makes it seem impossible , I dont see my son , my family disowned me , the only thing i have going for me is I am great at my job and I have a beautiful home , please any advice would be welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment